Natural Disasters is an expansion for Cities: Skylines, the award-winning management game that puts you in control of a growing metropolis.
The Natural Disasters DLC adds seven disasters that can destroy your city. They can be triggered at any time or they can be part of a scenario.
- Tsunami - The tsunami is a giant wave that comes from one edge of the map and advances across the ocean toward your city. It takes a few minutes to reach your city, and, once it does, it will flood areas near the shore and areas that are on low ground. It can be detected ahead of time using Tsunami Warning Buoys.
- Tornado - The tornado is a disaster that goes in a line through an area in your city, collapsing buildings in its way. It can be detected in advance using the Weather Radar.
- Thunderstorm - The thunderstorm is a disaster which will strike buildings with lightning and start fires. It can be detected in advance using the Weather Radar and fires can be prevented using the Lightning Rods policy.
- Earthquake - The earthquake puts a crack in the ground, destroying roads and collapsing buildings. It can be detected in advance using the Earthquake Sensor.
- Sinkholes - Sinkholes make holes in your city, destroying roads and collapsing buildings. It can be detected in advance with the Earthquake Sensor.
- Forest Fire - Fires can now spread to and start in trees. To provide a warning for incoming fires, you can use Fire Watch Towers. To stop forest fires, use a Fire Helicopter Depot.
- Meteor Strike - The meteor strike can destroy a significant part of your city. A large meteor falls on an area and destroys all buildings, roads, pipes, and other things in the area. It then creates a large crater and sets nearby buildings on fire. If it hits water, it can cause large waves. The Deep Space Radar can give a warning in advance.
- 16 new service buildings.
- 6 new unique building.
- New monument.