We offer a work environment unparalleled in Australia, complete with a studio full of highly talented highly trained professionals who share your passion for making world beating games.
Tantalus Media is an equal opportunity employer and offers a friendly, welcoming environment, where you'll be able to make a meaningful creative contribution to a talented and experienced team.
If applying for an open position by post
please clearly label any documents or discs with your name and contact details.
Tantalus - a veteran independent development studio based in Melbourne - is about to start a new AAA Next-Gen title and is therefore looking to fill several contract positions:
Contract Engine Programmers.
- Reports to the project Producer.
- Working closely with producers, game designers and artists to implement a next-generation game
- Implementing, optimizing and maintaining core game engine systems
- Modify, enhance and maintain asset pipelines and tools
- Staying up-to-date with new technologies and architectures
- Following Straight Right's standards and best practices
- Assisting and mentoring other programmers in your areas of expertise
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with large-scale C++ project development
- Good grasp of and experience writing in assembler dialects (e.g. MIPS, PowerPC, X86)
- Experience writing in shader languages (e.g. GLSL, HLSL)
- Good familiarity with engine architectures
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to write clear, robust, maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry
- Nintendo Wii or Wii U development experience
- 3 years' professional software development experience
- Experience with code optimization and profiling tools (i.e. VTune, PIX)
- C# and/or a scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Experience interfacing with 3D art applications (e.g. Maya)
- A degree in a course such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics preferred. Self taught applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of competency with game related demo code
- Must be eligible to work in Australia (we cannot sponsor working visas).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV attached, and include the words ‘Engine Aug 2013’ in the subject line of your email.