We offer a work environment unparalleled in Australia, complete with a studio full of highly talented highly trained professionals who share your passion for making world beating games.
Tantalus Media is an equal opportunity employer and offers a friendly, welcoming environment, where you'll be able to make a meaningful creative contribution to a talented and experienced team.
If applying for an open position by post
please clearly label any documents or discs with your name and contact details.
Contract Engine Programmers.
We have started a new AAA Next-Gen title, and are looking to fill one position. We are interviewing immediately:
- Reports to the project Producer.
- Work closely with producers, game designers and artists to implement a next-generation game
- Implementing, optimizing and maintaining core game engine systems
- Modify, enhance and maintain asset pipelines and tools
- Staying up-to-date with new technologies and architectures
- Follow Tantalus' standards and best practices
- Assist and mentor other programmers in your areas of expertise
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Good familiarity with game engine architectures
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with large-scale C++ project development
- Good grasp of and experience writing in assembler dialects (e.g. MIPS, PowerPC, X86)
- Experience writing in shader languages (e.g. GLSL, HLSL)
- Writes clear, robust, maintainable code
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver to deadlines
- Naturally works as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A genuine enthusiasm and passion for the games industry
- Nintendo Wii or Wii U development experience
- 3 years' games software development experience
- Experience with code optimization and profiling tools (i.e. VTune, PIX)
- C# and/or a scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Experience interfacing with 3D art applications (e.g. Maya)
- A degree in a course such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics preferred. Self taught applicants must be able to demonstrate a high level of competency with game related demo code
Must be eligible to work in Australia (we cannot sponsor working visas).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter attached, and include the words ‘Engine May 2014’ in the subject line of your email.